2010年2月4日星期四

1st day in Cameroon

After 21 hours, I'm in Cameroon finally. I got the member committee president of AIESEC in Cameroon, Eric, and a member from Navti foundation Cameroon, Marcel, to pick me up from the airport. I'm currently staying in Marcel's friend's family in Douala, the city where the airport is located, for a few hours. Afterwards, I will take another 10 hours to Kumbo, the town where the school is, at around 10pm (it is 7 hours earlier than HK here)

There are 7 chirden in the family and half of them are working. The youngest son is still in primary school. They looked very delighted when I said that it's okay to have African food. I did expect to get into the culture.
The meal inculded rice, fish with tomato (similar to HK) and a white thing, which I've tried in Uganda last year. The rice and fish tasted good while the white thing made by corn flour, which tasted weird to me, was sweet and powder-like. The mother of the family said that there will be lots of that white thing in Kambo. Hopefully they have something else. Otherwise I have to get used to it as soon as possible.

While they saw me visiting HK websites (Chinese words are able to be displaced here!), one of the daughters, who is at the same age with me, asked if I could teach her some Chinese. I showed her my name and the word "hello" (nei ho) in Chinese.
They speak French/local English to each other and English to me.

I will try to upload some photos after arriving at Kumbo.

2 則留言:

  1. I think u are teaching her cantonese, not Chinese, haha
    I think it's generally accepted that Chinese means mandarin. XD
    Anyway, add oil ar..haha
    Fan

    回覆刪除
  2. 如果我ge發音冇錯,我兩樣都有提到呢!

    回覆刪除