2010年2月22日星期一

Taiwan and China

I didn’t expect to be asked this question: Do you think that Taiwan is part of China?
I was being asked twice, by Natsuki, the Japanese girl living with and a history teacher here. And, ‘Japan government wants Taiwan to be part of China because she did something bad to China in the past and she wants to keep a good relationship with China’ Natsuki said. It is an interesting discovery to me that the Japan government admitted that she did something bad to China in the past!

3 則留言:

  1. I was once asked actually. Ppl are concerned about the political and human rights issues of China. China is rising its power in the global stage, so ppl want to know what country it is.

    回覆刪除
  2. Its is quite a common question in conferences, especailly when TW, China & HK delegates come together. 3 AIESEC entities, but one country?

    Glad to know that some young Japanese know & admit that they did sth bad to China in the past.

    回覆刪除
  3. I didn't expect being asked such a question in Africa. haha

    Well, she is quite different from other Japenese I met before. Maybe she has a lot of overseas experience!!

    回覆刪除